Hub Manager Role
Post funded by The National Lottery, Community Fund
30 hours per week
The main role of the Hub Manager is to maximise the use of the Glenrothes Community Sports & Health Hub through increased bookings and development of new activities, projects & community events, and to research, compile and complete applications for local and national funding.
Core duties include:
- To plan, deliver, monitor and promote use of the Hub through a diverse range of activity programmes and recruit other groups to hire the facilities, aiming for high occupancy levels during weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- Liaise with all sporting groups that are affiliated to the Glenrothes Community Sports & Health Hub and ensure they are being supported including taking the lead on the hubs action plan and chairing and facilitating sports committee meetings
- To maintain and enhance current partnerships and seek to develop new partnerships with other sporting, third sector, voluntary & statutory and specialist agencies along with local & national employers.
- To meet regularly with service users to discuss their needs and feedback.
- Monitoring and delivering agreed project outcomes/milestones and report regularly to funders/stakeholders, ensuring quality and impact is measured appropriately.
- Reporting on a monthly basis to the Board of Management of the Glenrothes Community Sports & Health Hub.
- Line management, supervision and support of a diversity of part-time staff and volunteers.
- Responsibility for strengthening and supporting the Hub’s growing volunteer base.
- Liaise regularly with local Fife Council partners to assist in the delivery of holiday-time sport and physical activity provision.
- Work closely with Fife Council’s community sports hub officer.
The role brings opportunities to create change within the local community. The role also comes with training opportunities including first aid, child protection and others that will support the role.
Hours and place of work:
Glenrothes Community Sports & Health Hub, Gilvenbank Park KY7 6SU – with flexibility for home working where required.
10am-5pm Monday to Friday (with 1-hour unpaid break allowance). Some work may be required in the evenings and at the weekend.
Salary and holidays:
£12 an hour
28 days per annum
Applying for the post:
To apply for the position please email your CV and cover letter to Kenny Crichton, Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be the week of 2nd May 2022.
You can view this advert in PDF format also.
Closing Date is 27th April 2022 at 12 noon
You may also be interested in our Health and Wellness Activator role, with a focus to enhance opportunities in health and wellness, leisure, social and fitness for fun for many in and around the local community. The role is part-time at 10 hours per week, £9.50 per hour with a closing date of 15th April 2022 for applications.